Best of Eastern Canada & USA - Classic Group, 2022
Best Of Eastern Canada & Usa – Classic Group, 2022
See the top destinations in two countries on this two-week guided tour of Canada and the U.S. Stroll the urban-but-regal Queen’s Park in downtown Toronto, then get up-close to the world’s most infamous waterfall, Niagara Falls. Wander the grand mansions of Montreal and step inside the Notre-Dame Basilica – a masterpiece of Gothic Revival architecture, featuring a gold and azure-hued sanctuary – with a Local Expert. In Maine, dine on decadent, authentic local lobster caught fresh from a nearby harbor. Walk with a guide along the Freedom Trail in Boston, a 2.5-mile trail with 16 historically significant sites, including the house where the Boston Tea Party was planned in 1773. In Philadelphia, see the Liberty Bell, rung throughout history to announce some of the country’s most historical moments, such as the death of George Washington.
- Toronto: At 18:00, you’ll meet your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Dinner.
- Quebec: Savour the evening in an intimate setting as you choose from a selection of top local restaurants on a Dine-Around Evening.
- Maine Lobster Dinner: Enjoy an authentic Main Lobster dinner as you feast on the fresh and local delicacy known for its tender and rich flavour. Raise a glass as you mingle with new friends over this delectable Highlight Dinner.
- Washington D.C.: Join your Travel Director and fellow guests for a Celebration Dinner and toast to new friends and fantastic memories.
- Dining Summary: 15 Breakfast (B), 6 Dinner with Wine (DW), 1 Lunch (L)
- Ottawa: You’ll join a cooking demonstration at C’est Bon. Set in their state-of-the-art kitchen facilities close to ByWard Market, you’ll learn new culinary skills and discover more about the local cuisine. Ingredients include Canadian staples such as maple sugar, haskaps, labrador tea and wild flowers. Afterwards, enjoy a 3-course meal with wine.
- Montmorency Falls Park: Montmorency Falls is a remarkable natural wonder that towers 83 metres (272 feet), which is 30 metres higher than Niagara Falls. Walk the full width of the falls on a suspension bridge with roaring water below for a unique, adrenaline filled perspective.
Make Travel Matter
- Manitobah Mukluk Storyboot Project: Join this MAKE TRAVEL MATTER® Experience and learn about the Manitobah Mukluks Storyboot project which aims to revive the traditional arts by creating partnerships with elders and artisans who fashion mukluks and moccasins in the traditonal way. It is the fourth recipient of a TreadRight Heritage Initiative grant globally, and the first in North America.
- Ottawa: Gain new culinary skills and learn more about regional cuisine with a local chef during a cooking demonstration at C’est Bon.: Ottawa: Gain new culinary skills and learn more about regional cuisine with a local chef during a cooking demonstration at C’est Bon.
- Embark on a cruise to the base of Niagara Falls.: Embark on a cruise to the base of Niagara Falls.
- Visit historic Kingston • Notre-Dame Basilica of Montreal • Ile d’Orleans • Quebec City • Acadia National Park • Kennebunkport • Boston’s Freedom Trail • Times Square in NYC • Philadelphia’s Liberty Bell • Washington D.C.: Visit historic Kingston • Notre-Dame Basilica of Montreal • Ile d’Orleans • Quebec City • Acadia National Park • Kennebunkport • Boston’s Freedom Trail • Times Square in NYC • Philadelphia’s Liberty Bell • Washington D.C.
- City tours of Montreal, Quebec City and New York City with Local Experts; Washington, D.C.: City tours of Montreal, Quebec City and New York City with Local Experts; Washington, D.C.
- Welcome Dinner in Toronto • Cooking Demonstration and three-course Highlight Dinner in Ottawa • Dine-Around Evening in Quebec • Highlight Dinner with lobster in Bar Harbor • Celebration Dinner in Washington, D.C.: Welcome Dinner in Toronto • Cooking Demonstration and three-course Highlight Dinner in Ottawa • Dine-Around Evening in Quebec • Highlight Dinner with lobster in Bar Harbor • Celebration Dinner in Washington, D.C.
Top Rated Highlight
- Niagara Falls: Board your cruise and greet the howling spray, wind and thunder at the base of the falls. Browse the shops and galleries of Niagara-on-the-Lake.
- Historic Kingston: Wander through historic Kingston, otherwise known as the Limestone City and view the old buildings, churches and fortifications.
- Montreal: Join a Local Expert who will guide you around Old Montreal, Mount Royal, and the iconic Notre-Dame Basilica.
- Quebec: Discover more of Quebec’s unique European charm with a Local Expert. You’ll see the Latin Quarter, Plains of Abraham, City Hall and Palace Royale, plus views of the grand Chteau Frontenac.
- Acadia National Park: Take in the natural beauty of Acadia National Park, with its dramatic rocky shoreline.
- Kennebunkport: Follow the rocky Maine shoreline, and stop in picturesque Kennebunkport.
- Boston: Join your Travel Director as they guide you along the Freedom Trail, a route that leads you through historically significant sites in the city.
- New York: For a full view of this monumental city, ascend to the Top of the Rock – the 70th floor of the Rockefeller Center Building – for a sweeping view of the skyscrapers, parks, rivers and urban canyons that make up the teeming isle of Manhattan.
- New York: Take a bite of the Big Apple on a tour of the city’s highlights with a Local Expert.
- Philadelphia: Explore Independence National Historic Park and visit the Liberty Bell with your Travel Director.
- Washington, D.C.: Take a city tour of Washington, D.C. and discover its iconic memorials and monuments, including the White House, Washington Monument, and National Mall.
Toronto and the Thundering Falls of Niagara
Kingston and Ottawa
Canada's Capital to Montreal
Montreal, the Royal Mountain
Montmorency Falls Park to Quebec City
Quebec to Bar Harbor
Explore Acadia National Park
Coastal New England to Boston
Boston, the Cradle of Liberty
A Bite of the Big Apple
A Manhattan Masterpiece
Liberty in Philadelphia and D.C.
Washington, D.C. Sightseeing and Leisure Time
Depart Washington, D.C.